The factory is located in León (north-west of Spain), 325 kilometers from Madrid and 5 kilometers from León Airport.
The factory, built in 1954, has been continuosly updated and revamped. We have one of the highest capacity to produce penicillin worldwide.
- People Employed: 200.
- Surface: 91200m2 (47550m2 built).
- Total Fermentation Capacity: 3244m3.
- Total Chemical Capacity: 600m3.
- More than 10 different solvents are recovered.
- More than 25 distillation columns.
- More than 100 storage solvent tanks.
- Steam generator: 280,000 tons per year.
- Electric Installed Capacity: 30MW.
- Electricity Consumption: 185 GWh (26 Wh nowadays).
Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Chemical and biological effluent treated: 3,200,000 m3 per year.
- COD removed: 14500 tons per year.
- NH4 removed: 612 tons per year.
- Surface: 57000 m2.